Who we are
This website is operated by Daman Investments PSC. We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under relevant laws in the United Arab Emirates.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you in a variety of ways including when you access our website, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, purchase products or services, post material to our website and complete customer surveys or participate in competitions via our website. We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase products or services via our website or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. Such information may include:
- your name, address and contact details
- date of birth
- your bank account and payment details
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you
- account details, such as username, login details
We may use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us
- verify your identity
- provide goods and services to you
- consider you for employment
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
This website is not intended for use by children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information related to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information, we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us implied or express consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose. When you enter any data on the website you are giving your consent the processing of the data in accordance with this policy.
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- public task: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
Further information—the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
|When information is collected||What information we ask for||How and why we use your information|
|When you send us a message||Contact details: your name, email address and phone number||We ask for this:
— to communicate with you (for example by sending you a monthly newsletter)
When you give us this information you are consenting to its use by us in accordance with this policy. We will keep this information for as long as we use it to communicate and for up to five years after this
|When you send us your CV||Your name, email, phone number and CV||When you send us this information we will use it to communicate with you and to assess whether you would be a suitable candidate for a position with us. We will also use this information to carry out the procedures that are typical when someone applies and in considered for employment. When you give us this information you are consenting to its use by us in accordance with this policy.|
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share your personal data and information with other companies in the Gargash Group of companies. When you give us data and information you are consenting to us sharing it in this way.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Cookies and similar technologies
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We would like to send you information about products and services, competitions and special offers, which may be of interest to you. We may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call. When you provide us with data or information you are consenting to us contacting you and sending you such information.
You can unsubscribe at any time from this information by:
—contacting us at email@example.com
—using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
It may take up to 7 days for unsubscribing to be completed.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If you have any concerns or complains about how we handle your data and information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org